Garrett Lauds Amthor International for Growing Pittsylvania County Operations, creating 90 New Jobs
GRETNA, VA (Jan. 10. 2018) – Amthor International today announced that it is investing an additional $7 million in its Pittsylvania County operations and creating 90 new jobs. This new commitment brings the company’s collective investment total in Pittsylvania County to more than $17 million in investment and 200 jobs, respectively.
Under construction soon, Amthor International's Pittsylvania County manufacturing facility will be the global production home of the company’s tanks, tanker trucks and accessories. With this new investment, the company is planning to add an additional 90 jobs to its operations in 2019.
More than just increased manufacturing capacity, this additional investment will also support the construction of new office operations and increase storage capacity at the Gretna Industrial Park site. The 115,000-square-foot facility will include 90 new workers and will serve as Amthor's primary manufacturing facility.
For more information on Amthor International, visit the company’s website.
“Today’s announcement not only underscores Amthor's continued commitment to manufacturing in the United States, but also the vibrancy of our country resulting from the pro-growth Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Amthor has proven to be an exemplary Virginia company that is committed to our state and to its community. We couldn’t be prouder that such a tremendous company has decided to invest in our people, further and create more jobs for hardworking, deserving Virginians that we know will produce results. Expanding to a dynamic, state-of-the-art facility shows that Amthor is committed to capably supporting their current and future growth needs, and we're thankful that Amthor International continues to believe in three very important words: 'Made in U.S.A,’" said Congressman Tom Garrett
FIVE FAST FACTS:
- Amthor International is investing an additional $7 million capital investment in its Pittsylvania County operations;
- This investment will allow Amthor to create 90 new jobs with an average yearly wage of $38,000;
- The 115,000-square-foot office facility will include an office building, manufacturing building, and two new storage buildings;
- This new commitment adds to the company’s collective total investment in Pittsylvania County to more than $10 million in investment and 200 jobs, respectively.
- In addition, Amthor's company headquarters will continue to be located in the Town of Gretna for at least 5 years.